The Alpha One drive earned the title of “world’s most popular sterndrive” because it delivers reliable performance in a value package. Reliable performance means more family fun year after year without missing a beat. Alpha One drives slice through the water with an efficient hydrodynamic profile producing very little drag. And, because of the Alpha drive’s many maintenance-free features, you’ll enjoy a worry-free ownership experience.
It’s the world’s most popular sterndrive for many reasons. Alpha One drives slice through the water almost effortlessly, thanks to their efficient hydrodynamic profile, which produces minimal drag and improves responsiveness. Alpha One is designed for boats capable of cruising at up to 65 mph, paired with petrol engines delivering up to 300hp. But what really makes this drive so popular is its low cost of operation. Maintenance-free features, including an integrated water pump and permanently lubricated pivot points, dramatically reduce maintenance time and costs while improving reliability and, ultimately, your boating experience.
The features of the Alpha I include:
- Part#5010147CP #5010162CP
- Spiral-cut steel bevel gears for quiet operation and durability.
- XK360 low copper alloy for corrosion resistance.
- Tri-Paint System (Irridite, EDP & Powder Paint) creates a tough, durable corrosion resistant barrier.
- Armored trim lines protect hydraulic system from debris.
- Flow-Torq II Propeller Hub The Weekend Saver protects the entire drive from damage, not just the lower unit.
- Hydrodynamic lower unit produces little drag to slice through the water efficiently.
- Trim limit switch sets drive angle for maximum performance every time.
- Drive Lube Monitor Alarm warns if drive lube is low.
- Permalube® U-Joint Virtually no maintenance required.
- Maintenance Free Hinge Pins.
- Greaseable Drive Coupler from inside the boat.
- Power Trim XD® Automatically Returns the Drive to the Water to Maintain Full Control of Boat in Case of an Emergency.
PRICE IS FOR STERNDRIVE ONLY
|Maximum Power Capacity||300 HP (230 kW)|
|Lower Unit Design||Low-Drag Hydrodynamic Torpedo|
|Maximum Propeller Diameter||15″|
|Water Inlet Location||Strut|
|Clutch Type||Compact Dog Clutch with F-N-R|
|Available Gear Ratios||1.47, 1.62, 1.81, 2.00, 2.40:1|
|Counter-Rotation||Optional, Except 2.40:1 Ratio|
|Upper Unit Gear Set||Precision Shimmed, Spiral Bevel Gear|
|Lower Unit Gear Set||Precision Shimmed, Spiral Bevel Gear|
|Propshaft Material||Heat-Treated Stainless Steel|
|Standard Exhaust Outlet||Through Propeller|
|Propeller Hub Type||Flo-Torq II Hub|
|Recommended Lubricant||Mercury High-Performance Gear Lube|
|Monitoring System||Engine-Mounted Lube Monitor w/Audio Warning or Engine Guardian®|
|Corrosion Warranty||3-Year, Limited|
|Housing Construction||Corrosion Resistant XK 360 Aluminum Low-Copper Alloy|
|Corrosion Protection||Tri-Paint, Anodes & MerCathode® as a Kit|
|Anode Type||Ultra-Pure Aluminum Anodes or Magnesium Anode Kit|
|Speedometer Pick-up||Integrated Into Lower Housing|
|Steering System||Single Cylinder Power Steering with Anti-Feedback|
|Steering Range||56° Range Stop to Stop|
|U-Joint Type||Permalube® Virtually Maintenance-Free|
|Power Trim System||Twin-Cylinder Hydraulic Featuring Power Trim XD® Kick-up Return|
|Typical Trim Range||5° to 15°|
|Trim Limit Switch||Standard – Adjustable|
|Trim Hinge Pin Design||Permanently Lubricated – No Maintenance Required|
|Hydraulic Trim Lines||Stainless Steel Braided Armor|
|Drive Coupler||Greaseable From Inside Boat|
|Drive Weight||85 lbs. (38 kg)|