The twin-prop design says it all. Whether in a single-unit or twin-unit application, the Bravo Three is an efficient drive built without compromise. Perhaps it’s the best-in-class shifting or its counter-rotating propeller design – enabling agile handling in reverse for precision maneuverability. And the greaseable gimbal bearing makes for an easy ownership experience – allowing for service without removing the drive unit. The Bravo Three XR® Diesel drive, standard on our TDI 4.2 engine, is a super-strength drive with high-performance attributes.
Featuring a highly efficient counter-rotating twin-prop design, Bravo Three drives deliver superior holeshot for fast planing, great acceleration, world-class performance and precision manoeuvrability, in forward and reverse. Whether you’re navigating in a crowded marina, docking in tight quarters, or simply throttling up for top performance, Bravo Three drives make handling intuitive, even in large boats.
They’re also easy to maintain. The greaseable gimbal bearing allows for servicing without removing the drive unit and results in reduced costs. Available in single or twin installations, these drives can accommodate speeds of up to 65 mph and provide up to 525hp when paired with petrol engines.
Features of the Bravo III include:
- Precision shimmed near-net forged helical steel gears for quiet operation and durability.
- XK360 low copper alloy for corrosion resistance.
- Tri-Paint System (Irridite, EDP & Powder Paint) creates a tough, durable corrosion resistant barrier.
- Armored trim lines protect hydraulic system from debris.
- Twin props & large rudder area with Bravo Three allows uncompromised handling for single-engine boats up to 65 mph.
- Trim limit switch trims drive angle for maximum performance every time.
- Through-Prop exhaust maximizes power and reduces noise levels.
- Drive Lube Monitor – Alarm warns if drive lube is low.
- Permalube ® U-Joint – Virtually No Maintenance.
- Greaseable Drive Coupler – No added cost to pull the boat from water.
- Greaseable Gimbal Bearing – Do not need to remove the drive for service.
- Power Trim XD ® Automatically Returns Drive to the Water to Maintain Full Control in an Emergency.
- PRICE IS FOR STERNDRIVE ONLY
|Maximum Power Capacity||400 HP (295 kW)|
|Lower Unit Design||Extended Length Strut|
|Maximum Propeller Diameter||2 X 16″|
|Water Inlet Location||Strut|
|Clutch Type||High-Strength Smooth-Shift Cone Clutch with F-N-R|
|Available Gear Ratios||1.81, 2.00, 2.20, 2.43:1|
|Upper Unit Gear Set||Precision Shimmed Assembly with Near-Net Forged Helical Gears|
|Lower Unit Gear Set||Precision Shimmed Assembly Forged Bevel Gears with Twin Counter Rotating Propshafts for Bravo Three|
|Propshaft Material||Heat-Treated Stainless Steel|
|Standard Exhaust Outlet||Through Propeller|
|Required Propeller Hub||None for Bravo Three|
|Recommended Lubricant||Mercury High-Performance Gear Lube|
|Monitoring System||Engine-Mounted Lube Monitor w/Audio Warning or Engine Guardian®|
|Corrosion Warranty||3-Year, Limited|
|Housing Construction||Corrosion Resistant XK 360 Aluminum Low-Copper Alloy|
|Corrosion Protection||Tri-Paint, Anodes & MerCathode® Electronic Corrosion Prevention|
|Anode Type||Ultra-Pure Aluminum Anodes or Magnesium Anode Kit|
|Speedometer Pick-up||Integrated Into Lower Housing, Digital Output Optional|
|Steering System||Single Cylinder Power Steering with Anti-Feedback|
|Steering Range||56° Range Stop to Stop, Digital Output Optional|
|U-Joint Type||Permalube® Virtually Maintenance-Free|
|Power Trim System||Twin-Cylinder Hydraulic Featuring Power Trim XD® Kick-up Return|
|Typical Trim Range||-2° to 14°|
|Trim Limit Switch||Adjustable Limit Analog or Digital – Engine Dependant|
|Trim Hinge Pin Design||Permanently Lubricated – No Maintenance Required|
|Hydraulic Trim Lines||Stainless Steel Braided Armor|
|Drive Coupler||Greaseable From Inside Boat|
|Drive Weight||148 lbs. (67 kg)|